1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PLANETSIDE 2!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Steeldragon, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Steeldragon

Steeldragon Community Admin Community Leader

Primary Class:
    Engineer
    To celebrate their anniversary, Planetside2 have a full day planned to spend with the community and media networks.

On Wednesday, November 20th, 2013, PS2 will be streaming from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM PST on their Twitch.TV channel. You’ll be able to ask the developers questions, play PlanetSide 2 with them and have a chance to win some prizes like…A bundle of PlanetSide 2 swag, NVidia graphics card and a grand prize of a PlayStation 4!

Also Wednesday, November 20th, 2013 at 12:00 AM to Sunday, November 24th, 2013 at 11:59 PM PST, there will be double experience in PlanetSide 2. Prepare yourself for mass battle and lots of Certification Points, soldiers!
  2. SpaceBarbie

SpaceBarbie PS2 Full Member

Primary Class:
    Engineer
    II just got the email and was about to copy & paste here, you beat me to it!

Sadly, Wednesday's and weekends im away so I just get 2 days xp bonus :(

So, if you lads have the " Hyper Boost " this will be the perfect time to use it when it starts :rolleyes:
  3. mehuk

mehuk INI Community Community Member

Primary Class:
    Heavy Assault
    Burned up all my boosts... wasted them tbh as I rarely played when activating them.

Need another Heroic boost pack to come out, hopefully SOE will see sense and allow me to pad their pockets a bit more. If not ill get one of those 7 day gigs from the store for 500 SC.
  4. SpaceBarbie

SpaceBarbie PS2 Full Member

Primary Class:
    Engineer
    Its a shame you havent any, its also a shame about the 6 month boost, lots are asking for it, maybe when the game has Hossin up they might sell it to keep players interested? SOE had a sale on a week ago with 50% boosts for 250 sc I think they were
  5. c0mbatduckzz

c0mbatduckzz PS2 Distinguished

Primary Class:
    Engineer
    Well just before my Alpha boost ran out they had another sale and made it look like they were selling the same boost again, but on closer inspection it did not have the resource boost and was just a flat 50% exp boost for the same price. I doubt they will sell another 50% exp boost + resource boost combined, and that will be the only 6 month boost that I will buy.
  6. diLLa

diLLa PS2 Full Member Community Member

Primary Class:
    Medic
    Wednesday is insane farmday for me then. good good.
  7. Merrin

Merrin PS2 Distinguished commelite

Primary Class:
    Heavy Assault
    Anniversary bundle:

[​IMG]

edit: Here's the official page
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  8. finoro

finoro PS2 Distinguished Community Veteran

Looks like they were listening to you. $40.00 is a lot for a gold striker and some cammos but you do get 50%exp and resources. Cant see many people buying this to be honest. It is just to steep a price unless you don't have many of the guns.
  9. Steeldragon

Primary Class:
    Engineer
    It's only 50% XP boost, there's no resource boost. The camo is just the Alpha Squad camo in black...not worth it imo.

heroicboost.jpg
    c0mbatduckzz likes this.
  10. c0mbatduckzz

c0mbatduckzz PS2 Distinguished

Primary Class:
    Engineer
    Classic SOE.
  11. GSD

GSD PS2 Full Member

Primary Class:
    Medic
    What's the deal with the Striker AE? Is it just a paintjob or does it's stats differ from the regular Striker?
  12. Merrin

Primary Class:
    Heavy Assault
    I think the rocket launcher are merely copies of the originals with some gold trim added.
  13. ExpBoosted

ExpBoosted INI Community Community Member Friend of INI

Primary Class:
    Light Assault
    Lumifiber RPG's, bunch of weapons, some limited edition Camo, and headshot decals... It's tempting, but 5bucks 2 much for me.
  14. Merrin

Primary Class:
    Heavy Assault
    Very good selection of weapons though, arguably some of the best option in their respective categories. Most of us probably already have several of them though, if not all.
  15. Steeldragon

Primary Class:
    Engineer
    Yeah if you don;t currently have any of those weapons and you play the factions enough to use them, then it's probably a good deal. However I dont play NC or VS at all so would be pointless for me :) Plus I don't give a toss about decals :dead:
  16. zomg

zomg INI Community commelite

Will probably be watching the stream in hopes of winning something. Starting in bout 2 hours 15 mins as of posting this in case anyone else is interested.
  17. Ness54FR

Ness54FR PS2 Distinguished

Primary Class:
    Medic
    That's the plan for tonight ,currently running at the moment.
    [​IMG]
  18. Steeldragon

Primary Class:
    Engineer
    Giveaways are US only due to the high value...bastards.
  19. Ness54FR

Ness54FR PS2 Distinguished

Primary Class:
    Medic
    :( you broke my dreams ... I have no other choice to hunt all the dev playing .First playing session is supposed to be EU power hour.
    But on witch server ?
  20. zomg

zomg INI Community commelite

Bagged myself a rum decal and a cola decal.

The secret trick to getting the keys from twitch chat: Use an IRC client to connect to Twitch's IRC server. As soon as I tried doing that instead of using the chat in the browser, I got both keys on first try... :D

My only guess is that they're really using IRC in the backend, and there's some crazy delay from when the message actually comes out and from when your browser gets it.

Being able to ignore everyone except the planetside2 user also helps to make it much easier to quickly copypaste the keys :D