1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

INI/VIB/RO ServerSmash against Cobalt

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Fara, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Fara

Fara PS2 Outfit Leader

Primary Class:
    Medic
    Gameplay footage from leader of platoon 1 (ie me) during the Miller versus Cobalt ServerSmash on Hossin. 18th April 2015

Dima91, Squirreli, Pookey and 3 others like this.
  2. The1337Boss

The1337Boss PS2 Full Member

Primary Class:
    Heavy Assault
    Was amazing to watch! So easy!
  3. Liberator

Liberator PS2 Distinguished

Primary Class:
    Medic
    It's nice to see what upper command is like. I think I'll stick as a simple grunt for now though.
    LeetMonsta likes this.
  4. Pookey

Pookey PS2 Distinguished

Primary Class:
    Engineer
    Nice to see. BTw when you get the black map "bug" press spacebar to fix it :)
  5. Squirreli

Squirreli PS2 Distinguished

Primary Class:
    Light Assault
    Thanks for the vid. Watched it all. Must be one of the best PS2 videos out there!
  6. Br4gi

Br4gi PS2 Officer

Primary Class:
    Light Assault
    Is there anyone with game-play from within our squad(s)??

I loved watching this, combined with my own experience, but I'd love to mix this one with actual game-play from within Alpha or Bravo.
    There's a full 2 hours vid up from within VIB squad. It would be so awesome to make a montage of THIS vid, the planetsidebattles/twitch cast mixed with actual squad-play from different squads in the platoon at those pivotal moments.

I really, really enjoyed this guys.
    The tag-teaming with Furi. How far we pushed our lane. The teamplay with VIB & RO.
    And how the Platoon worked with a few free spaces & those two 'clean-up/ mess around free agents'.

MacFlurry deserves special mention. You and your collegue made our job so much easier....and going by Fara's video, you guys did a superb job.
    Kudos!
    RedFuri likes this.
  7. Liberator

Liberator PS2 Distinguished

Primary Class:
    Medic
    Well I record everything. I'm not sure how exciting watching me revive our squad would be. It is also a nightmare to upload these files since they are huge.
    Br4gi likes this.
  8. Br4gi

Br4gi PS2 Officer

Primary Class:
    Light Assault
    Cool!
    You could select key-holds and awesome-sauce moments and upload those...?
    Together with a time-table about when those moments happened would make it easy(-ier) to make one clip.
  9. Squirreli

Primary Class:
    Light Assault
    I've got some footage from the last parts of the match, but since I was in Bravo, I think half of that time was spent on looking for spawn solutions to wherever Alpha had gone to. I can look through it though and see if there is anything that might be relevant. There might be some nice light assault action from some later resecures there.
    Br4gi likes this.
  10. Squirreli

Primary Class:
    Light Assault
    So frustrating. ShadowPlay still can't record bigger than 4GB files on Win7. That gives me max. 13min per file. Need to work on the settings. Anyway, here is all the decent footage I have. You see something you like, can provide you with either a 1440p 60fps or 1080p 30fps encodes.

EDIT: Youtube is having trouble with the files I'm uploading. For instance, apparently it couldn't generate thumbnails at all.

EDIT2: Video starts 14min 40s before match ends. We've just taken Bitol Bio Lab before this. During the video, we re-secure Takkon Storage against roughly 1-2 squads of enemy. When then try to defend Iron Quay against a constant rain of VS but do not quite make it.
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  11. Br4gi

Br4gi PS2 Officer

Primary Class:
    Light Assault
    the ONE base we managed to loose...
    Oh the irony! :D
  12. The1337Boss

Primary Class:
    Heavy Assault
    So is this all you happened to get recorded? or you got more?
  13. Squirreli

Primary Class:
    Light Assault
    If you're asking me, yeah, this is unfortunately pretty much it. Got footage pics of us hanging out in a pretty empty Bitol, got some more of me redeploying endlessly without getting near you.

Can't use continuous recording since Shadowplay on Win7 is shit. Didn't remember to hit "save" during the game either. I only saved some of the last minutes.
  14. The1337Boss

Primary Class:
    Heavy Assault
    Ach no bother.
  15. Squirreli

Primary Class:
    Light Assault
    Got around to testing this shit and it works now. They must have patched it or something... oh well, I'll catch the next one then :(
  16. Kili

Kili PS2 Distinguished

Primary Class:
    Medic
    lol fara playing infil again
  17. Fara

Fara PS2 Outfit Leader

Primary Class:
    Medic
    very very briefly... figured if I was going to sit on a point looking at the map I may as well provide motion.
  18. Dotz0r

Dotz0r PS2 Distinguished Community Veteran

Kinda strange when you put it like that, makes me wonder who never really plays "other" classes. I think the day i see Furiosus anything other than a Heavy Assault is the day when the world is turned upside down and korean jesus comes forthwith to commence his judgement upon the crab people.
  19. The1337Boss

Primary Class:
    Heavy Assault
    Must happen a lot then because Furi plays Infil a load ;)
    Kili likes this.